Back on May 24th, CounterKicks officially broke the news of Kevin Garnett‘s endorsement switch from adidas to Chinese sportswear brand Anta. Tomorrow, August 1st, that partnership becomes cemented and publicly official as Anta holds a media press conference in China to announce the signing of Kevin Garnett to the world. Continue reading Official: Kevin Garnett Signs With Anta.
In Beijing tomorrow, Anta will officially make public the endorsement signing of Kevin Garnett, confirming our original report here. The announcement is timed to a KG-Anta-China tour which will take the Boston Celtics forward on a media blitz through the cities of Beijing, Shanghai and Xiamen from August 1st to 8th.
Anta has already launched a brand new micro-site tied to the Garnett signing and has begun placing Anta-KG signage in China. The image above, translated from Chinese to English, reads “Choose China for Basketball” and “Kevin Garnett China Tour” at the top right, and the date of the tour “2010. 8.1-8.8″ in the bottom left. Also seen on the signage is a new “KG” logo which features the letter “K” inside a bordered “G”.
More detailed info to come on the Kevin Garnett/Anta signing. Follow CounterKicks on Twitter for breaking sneaker news and exclusive info.
Check out our complete Kevin Garnett x ANTA Coverage:
- CounterKicks EXCLUSIVE: Kevin Garnett Signs With Chinese Sportswear Brand ANTA
- Official: Kevin Garnett Signs With ANTA
- ANTA.com Launches Kevin Garnett Micro-Site
- Kevin Garnett ANTA China Tour – Aug 1-8th
- adidas Official Statement On KG/ANTA
- Kevin Garnett Arrives In Beijing China
- Kevin Garnett ANTA Signing Press Conference
- Kevin Garnett – ANTA China Tour Day 2