Amar’e Stoudemire makes it official today, saying in a video tweet that he’s re-signed his shoe deal with Nike. The move follows public pondering on June 26 when Stoudemire wrote:
“My shoe deal is about up. I wonder who I should sign with. Nike, Reebok, Adidas, Under armor, or build a company up into a power show company.”
Ending the shoe deal “saga,” Amar’e is seen in his twitvid today signing a piece of paper purportedly to be his new Swoosh agreement and then looks into the camera with Geordi La Forge shades on declaring:
“Ladies and gentlemen, it’s been official. I have now signed an extension of my shoe contract with the great shoe company of Nike.
A little anti-climatic. In the span of a week and a half, STAT goes from potential public diss of Nike to re-upping with Team Swoosh. It’s summer. Airwaves are filled with reruns. An abundance of half-useless festivals in sticky weather are taking place. And the NBA lockout is fully on. Why not stretch this out a bit, Amar’e? Turn it into a weekly summer video series where you pit sneaker company against sneaker company in a small, fully padded room, vying for your services to the death (or whoever pays more).
Still, even though Amar’e is back with Nike, there’s still some drama to be had. Do we know if he actually signed an endorsement with Nike Basketball or was he scribbling his pen on some Nike Training contract? We don’t want to scratch any old wounds but…
– Amar’e Stoudemire Just Doesn’t Care About Your Basketball Shoes, OK Nike?
- More Images Of The Nike Air Max Fly By That Amar’e Stoudemire Isn’t Going To Wear
– Nike Keeps Making Personalized Shoes For Amar’e Stoudemire For Some Reason
– Nike Basketball Just Doesn’t Seem To Get That Amar’e Stoudemire Will Never Wear These Shoes
– Nike Basketball Made Another Pair Of Amar’e Stoudemire Shoes For No Good Reason