Michigan vs. Notre Dame goes retro.
The very first night game at Michigan Stadium, affectionately nicknamed “The Big House,” takes place on September 10, 2011. It also happens to be a special adidas “Under The Lights” retro jersey night for both Michigan and Notre Dame. Like ‘em? The three stripes throwback uniforms can be purchased at The M Den and Notre Dame Bookstore for $80.
Here’s Michigan and Notre Dame uniform detail highlights from adidas, official photos of the jerseys (click thumbnails to see full size image), and a couple adi videos hyping up the big game. Head over to facebook.com/adidasfootballUS to “choose your allegiance” and get more exclusive looks at adidas’ Under The Lights game.
THE GREAT M
Highlighting a fusion of jersey design elements from different eras of Michigan football, the “Under the Lights” uniform features:
• A large block M on the chest
• Repeating striped sleeves
• Quilting stitch design on the letters and numbers
• “132 Years of Championship Football” stitched on the inside collar
• A list of years that Michigan won NCAA National Championships on the inside bottom hem of the jersey
• Player numbers appear on the helmet for the first time since the late 1960s
SPIRIT OF NOTRE DAME
Paying homage to the rich football tradition of Notre Dame football, the Fighting Irish “Under the Lights” uniform includes:
• A white jersey with Kelly green lettering, gold pants and gold helmet
• A large shamrock logo on the helmet for the first time since the 1960’s
• A list of years that Notre Dame