Under Armour has dreamed up a few special items in honor of the 2012 MLB All-Star Game that kicks off tonight. The centerpiece is another highly sought-after UA cleat, the Spine Highlight. SH features a CompFit upper and new UA Spine outsole. Next up is exclusive Spine RPM running shoes and Ignite II slides for participating UA MLB All-Stars Bryce Harper, Clayton Kershaw, Matt Weiters, Fernando Rodney, Paul Konerko, Jim Johnson, Pablo Sandoval, Jonathan Papelbon, Buster Posey, Lance Lynn, and Joel Hanrahan. Details and pics below. The Ignite II slide will be available Wednesday on UnderArmour.com.
* Design pays homage to the Kansas City’s Kauffman Stadium and their baseball tradition
* The gold material on the Spine Highlight was inspired by the gold crown in the Royals outfield
* The “K” and “crown” screen print on the upper commemorate the stadium (Kauffman is know as the “K”) and the hosting team
* Under Armour left out no detail- event the sock liners have the images of the stadium fountain printed on them.
* Finally, the MLB All Star logo is printed on the tongue as Under Armour is an official footwear supplier to the MLB.