Under Armour has dreamed up a few special items in honor of the 2012 MLB All-Star Game that kicks off tonight. The centerpiece is another highly sought-after UA cleat, the Spine Highlight. SH features a CompFit upper and new UA Spine outsole. Next up is exclusive Spine RPM running shoes and Ignite II slides for participating UA MLB All-Stars Bryce Harper, Clayton Kershaw, Matt Weiters, Fernando Rodney, Paul Konerko, Jim Johnson, Pablo Sandoval, Jonathan Papelbon, Buster Posey, Lance Lynn, and Joel Hanrahan. Details and pics below.
* Design pays homage to the Kansas City’s Kauffman Stadium and their baseball tradition
* The gold material on the Spine Highlight was inspired by the gold crown in the Royals outfield
* The “K” and “crown” screen print on the upper commemorate the stadium (Kauffman is know as the “K”) and the hosting team
* Under Armour left out no detail- event the sock liners have the images of the stadium fountain printed on them.
* Finally, the MLB All Star logo is printed on the tongue as Under Armour is an official footwear supplier to the MLB.